Welcome to the sister article to Comedy Clicks! Each week, we will be taking an in depth look at some of the best comedy films that the world of cinema can offer! Today we will be looking at Safety Last!
About the Film
Summary of Plot
A boy leaves his small country town and heads to the big city to get a job. As soon as he makes it big his sweetheart will join him and marry him. His enthusiasm to get ahead leads to some interesting adventures..- iMDB
Year Of Release
1 Hour 14 Minutes
Fred C Newmeyer, Sam Taylor
Harold Lloyd – The Boy
Mildred Davis – The Girl
Bill Strother – The Pal
Noah Young – The Law
Song From the OST
- Harold Lloyd first tested the safety precautions for the clock stunt by dropping a dummy onto the mattress below. The dummy bounced off and plummeted to the street below.
- During the famous clock tower stunt, Harold Lloyd is not as far from the ground as he appears. The building on which he climbs was actually a fake wall constructed on the roof of an actual skyscraper and skillfully photographed to maintain the illusion.
- The $15 for a week’s pay Harold Lloyd receives would equate to about $225 in 2018.
- Though Harold Lloyd’s character is credited as “The Boy”, when he gets his paycheck it clearly says, “Name: Harold Lloyd”.
- This film was selected to the National Film Registry, Library of Congress, in 1994.