Welcome to the sister article to Comedy Clicks! Each week, we will be taking an in depth look at some of the best comedy films that the world of cinema can offer! Today we will be looking at Hot Fuzz
About the Film
Summary of Plot
A skilled London police officer, after irritating superiors with his embarrassing effectiveness, is transferred to a village where the easygoing officers object to his fervor for regulations, as a string of grisly murders strikes the town..- iMDB
Year Of Release
1 Hour 14 Minutes
Opening Weekend Box Office total
Simon Pegg – Nicholas Angel
Nick Frost – PC Danny Butterman
Martin Freeman – Met Sergeant
Bill Nighly – Met Chief Inspector
Song From the OST
- The first draft of the script included a love interest for Nicholas named Victoria. She was cut from subsequent drafts, but a good amount of her dialogue was given to Danny, often without any changes.
- Nick Frost only agreed to do the film if he could get to name his character. He was also asked to watch over twenty action films to warm up for the role. He only watched one, Bad Boys II (2003).
- Edgar Wright originally wanted to name the movie “Hott Fuzz”. Simon Pegg objected to the suggestion, fearing he would have to explain the additional “t” in “Hott” in every single interview about the film.
- In their DVD commentary, Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg revealed that they fully expected the intentional misspellings of newspaper headlines to turn up in the IMDb’s “Goofs” section.
- Sampson the dog (who played Saxon the dog) was not allowed to become a real police dog, as he was considered too friendly.
Good Luck Nicholas