Each week, we will be taking an in depth look at some of the best sitcoms and comedy shows from both the UK and the USA.
Today we will be looking at a comedy that whilst the parent show is about to finish after 10 years this show is still going strong and already been nominated 9 times for awards – Young Sheldon
About the Show
Summary of Plot
Meet a child genius named Sheldon Cooper; (already seen as an adult in The Big Bang Theory(2007)) and his family. Some unique challenges face Sheldon who seems socially impaired..- IMDb
Number of Seasons / Episodes
Iain Armitage – Sheldon
Zoe Perry – Mary
Lance Barber – George Snr
Montana Jordan – Georgie
Raegan Revord- Missy
Jim Parsons – Sheldon
Annie Pots – Meemaw
- The pilot finally explains why Sheldon (Jim Parsons) doesn’t have a Texas drawl. In narration, he explains that he switched to a mid-Atlantic accent because people with Texan accents “don’t win Nobel prizes.”
- Lance Barber, who plays George Cooper Sr, is the same actor who played Jimmy Speckerman, Leonard’s (Johnny Galecki) high school bully in one episode of The Big Bang Theory (2007) in 2011
- Zoe Perry is the real life daughter of Laurie Metcalf from The Big Bang Theory (2007).
- Iain Armitage (Young Sheldon) said he was committed to his role of Sheldon thanks to Jim Parsons (Adult Sheldon) coaching him and explaining who Sheldon is.
- Annie Potts cites Dolly Parton as the basis for her performance and depiction of Meemaw.
- The series begins in 1989, when Sheldon Cooper (played by Iain Armitage) is nine years old.
- At least one episode opening per season is slightly different from the usual opening of Sheldon walking up, taking a superhero stance, then moving over slightly due to an approaching cow. In season one, a tumbleweed rolls by, making him jump out of the way. In season two, the camera does a 360 around him.
Something’s Wrong With Sheldon
Sheldon Argues About God
Secret Brisket Recipe
Sheldon and His New Friend