Each week, we will be taking an in depth look at some of the best sitcoms and comedy shows from both the UK and the USA.
Today we will be looking at a comedy that was brought to Netflix in 2016 ad revamped the show – Fuller House
Opening Sequence / Theme Tune
About the Show
Summary of Plot
In a continuation of Full House (1987), D.J. Fuller is a mother of three young boys and is a recent widow. D.J.’s sister Stephanie, her best friend Kimmy and Kimmy’s teenage daughter all move in to help raise her sons. The house is now a lot fuller.-IMDb
Number of Seasons / Episodes
Candace Cameron Bure – D.J Tanner-Fuller
Jodie Sweetin – Stephanie Tanner
Andrea Barber – Kimmy Gibbler
Michael Campion – Jackson Fuller
Elias HArger – Max Fuller
Somi Bringers – Ramona Gibbler
DAshiell Messitt – Tommy Fuller jnr
Fox Messitt – Tommy Fuller Jnr
- The first episode is a Full House (1987) reunion special. Creator Jeff Franklin called it “in essence, the last episode for the fans, that we never got to do.”
- A full-scale replica of the house exterior was constructed on the Warner Brothers lot, after the owners of the original house refused permission to film their property. Tired of the constant visits from fans on a daily basis, the owners put the house up for sale after the first season was released. The house was bought for four million dollars, by its new owner, Executive Producer and Series Creator Jeff Franklin. Franklin’s first move as the house’s owner was to restore the house’s door to its famous red color, as seen on the show. “It will be a lot more fun for the fans, because now the house will look like the Tanners really live there,” he said, adding, “It’s a gift to the fans, but it’s also fun for me to own it.”
- The Mr. Woodchuck puppet used by Dave Coulier, was a gift given to him by Jimmy Fallon. The original puppet had been destroyed by Dave’s yellow labrador, Ranger, shortly after Full House (1987) ended.
- A recurring trait of Tommy’s in the first season is that he frequently looks up, with the other characters unable to determine why. This was written into the show when twin babies Dashiell Messitt and Fox Messitt would often be distracted by the boom microphones above the actors’ heads.
- Ashley Olsen and Mary-Kate Olsen were considered for the role of the third adult lead, with the role of Michelle to be given to only one of them, for continuity purposes, as both sisters had differed in their appearance from each other since their childhood days on Full House (1987). However, when both sisters passed on the offer, the role of the third adult lead was instead given to Andrea Barber.
The Gibblers Move In
Good Morning Sister Wife
Return From Dance Camp