Welcome to the sister article to Comedy Clicks! Each week, we will be taking an in depth look at some of the best comedy films that the world of cinema can offer! Today we will be looking at Mrs Doubtfire.
About the Film
Summary of Plot
After a bitter divorce, an actor disguises himself as a female housekeeper to spend time with his children held in custody by his former wife.- iMDB
Year Of Release
2 Hour 5 Minutes
Box Office Opening Weekend
Robin Williams – Daniel Hillard
Sally Field – Miranda Hillard
Pierce Brosnan – Stu
Harvey Fierstein – Frank
Polly Holliday – Gloria
Lisa Jakub – Lydia Hillard
Matthew Lawrence – Chris Hillard
Song From the OST
- According to one biography, Robin Williams decided to test out the believability of his Mrs. Doubtfire character during filming by going as Mrs. Doubtfire into an adult bookstore and making a purchase. He was able to do so without being recognized.
- The prosthetic mask used by Robin Williams in the film was actually a prop. The real make-up was made up of eight separate pieces.
- Some scenes were shot 15 to 22 times because Robin Williams wasn’t satisfied until he had the scene worked out of his system.
- During the restaurant scene when Mrs. Doubtfire’s teeth fell into the wine glass, the cast didn’t know Robin Williams would do that, and their reactions on film were genuine, mirroring the shock of the crew.
- The line “It was a run-by fruiting!” was improvised by Robin Williams, and has become a recurring gag on YouTube.