Welcome to the sister article to Comedy Clicks! Each week, we will be taking an in depth look at some of the best comedy films that the world of cinema can offer! Today we will be looking at The Cable Guy
About the Film
Summary of Plot
A lonely and mentally disturbed cable guy raised on television just wants a new friend, but his target, a designer, rejects him, with bad consequences. – iMDB
Year Of Release
1 Hour 36 Minutes
Lou Holtz Jnr
Box Office Opening Weekend
Jim Carrey – The Cable Guy
Matthew Broderick – Steven M Kovacs
Leslie Mann 0 Robin Harris
Jack Black – Rick
George Segal – Steven’s Father
Diane Baker – Steven’s Mother
Ben Stiller – Sam Sweet
Song From the OST
- While filming of the scene in which The Cable Guy plays basketball, it became obvious that Jim Carrey could barely dribble a basketball, nevermind make a basket. Ben Stiller had Carrey mime the action without a ball, and VFX added the basketball in post-production.
- When Jim Carrey was negotiating his $20 million salary for the film, he insisted that his attorney and two managers all wear Ace Ventura dressing gowns so as not to lose their sense of perspective.
- The part of The Cable Guy was originally written for Chris Farley, but scheduling conflicts forced him to decline the role.
- Lou Holtz Jr. had the idea for the film while working as a prosecutor in Los Angeles, declaring that he once saw a cable company employee in the hallway of his mother’s apartment building and started thinking, “What’s he doing here so late?”
- During the scene when the Cable Guy is beating Robin’s date, Owen Wilson can be seen breaking character and laughing.
Cable Install Time