Welcome to the sister article to Comedy Clicks! Each week, we will be taking an in depth look at some of the best comedy films that the world of cinema can offer! Today we will be looking at The Big Lebowski
About the Film
Summary of Plot
Ultimate L.A. slacker Jeff “The Dude” Lebowski, mistaken for a millionaire of the same name, seeks restitution for a rug ruined by debt collectors, enlisting his bowling buddies for help while trying to find the millionaire’s missing wife.. iMDB
Year Of Release
1 Hour 57 Minutes
Joel Coen and Ethan Coen
Jeff Bridges – The Dude
John Goodman – Walter Sobchak
Julianne Moore – Maude Lebowski
Steve Buscemi – Theodore
David Huddleston – The Big Lebowski
Phillip Seymour Hoffman – Brandt
Tara Reid – Bunny Lebowski
Song From the OST
- A lot of the Dude’s clothes in the movie were Jeff Bridges’s own clothes, including his Jellies sandals, which he still owns and uses to this day.
- The Dude says “man” 147 times in the movie, nearly one and a half times a minute.
- With the exception of The Dude helping Maude bowl in a fantasy, The Dude is never seen bowling.
- John Goodman has stated that he’s never had more fun acting in a movie than this one.
- According to Julianne Moore, the character of Maude was based on artist Carolee Schneemann “who worked naked from a swing”, and on Yoko Ono.
The best of Big Lebowski
Categories: Comedy, Comedy Cinema, Film
Leave a Reply