Welcome to the sister article to Comedy Clicks! Each week, we will be taking an in depth look at some of the best comedy films that the world of cinema can offer! Today we will be looking at There’s Something About Mary
About the Film
Summary of Plot
A man gets a chance to meet up with his dream girl from high school, even though his date with her back then was a complete disaster. iMDB
Year Of Release
1 Hour 48 Minutes
Bobby Farrelly & Peter Farrelly
Opening Weekend Box Office total
Cameron Diaz – Mary
Matt Dillon – Healy
Ben Stiller – Ted
Lee Evans – Tucker
Chris Elliott – Dom
Lim Shaye – Magda
Jeffrey Tambor – Sully
Song From the OST
- Dropping Ted on the stretcher wasn’t scripted. When it happened, they cut to make sure Ben Stiller was okay and then thought it was so funny they left it in.
- The studio was initially reluctant to allow Ben Stiller – the Farrelly Brothers’ first choice – to star, so the brothers decided upon a then unknown Owen Wilson instead. When the studio was even more reluctant to let Wilson star, they agreed to allow the Farrellys to cast Stiller.
- Matt Dillon and Cameron Diaz were dating in real life during filming. They’d been together three years but broke up almost immediately after the movie was released.
- Lee Evans’s English accent in the movie was characterized by a film critic as “quite possibly the worst fake British accent in a movie” he had ever heard. Lee Evans is in fact English. However the accent he used in this film was exaggerated for the role.
- Many of the extras in the background are friends of the Farrelly Brothers.