Welcome to the sister article to Comedy Clicks! Each week, we will be taking an in depth look at some of the best comedy films that the world of cinema can offer! Today we will be looking at Mean Girls
About the Film
Summary of Plot
Cady Heron is a hit with The Plastics, the A-list girl clique at her new school, until she makes the mistake of falling for Aaron Samuels, the ex-boyfriend of alpha Plastic Regina George.- iMDB
Year Of Release
1 Hour 37 Minutes
Opening Weekend Box Office total
Lindsay Lohan – Cady Heron
Jonathan Bennett – Aaron Samuels
Rachel McAdams – Regina George
Tina Fey – Ms Norbury
Karen Smith – Amanda Seyfried
Lacey Chabert – Gretchen Wieners
Lizzy Caplan – Janis Ian
Daniel Franzese – Damian
Song From the OST
- In the scene where Cady was asked if her “muffin was buttered,” the line was originally going to be, “Is your cherry popped?” The same went for the girl who “made out with a hot dog”; this was going to be “masturbated with a hot dog.” These were omitted in order for the film to gain a PG-13 rating instead of an R
- This was the feature film screenwriting debut for Tina Fey.
- This was Amanda Seyfried’s first film role, playing Karen Smith.
- Damien’s line ‘…And I want my pink shirt back!’ was improvised by actor Daniel Franzese. Tina Fey later approved it.
- As she had a pink eye, Lindsay Lohan couldn’t arrive on the first day of shoot.
- Regina is referred to as the Queen B. The Italian word for ‘queen’ is Regina.
- Kevin Gnapoor’s phone number on his business card uses the North Shore’s real area code, 847.
Meeting The Plastics
The Burn Book
Categories: Comedy, Comedy Cinema, Film
Leave a Reply