Three years ago I bought a book in Tampa which is meant to be a great for creative like minds and for the past three years I have made it my New Years Resolution to complete it. The book is called 642 Things To Write About by The San Francisco Writers Grotto. I never got round to writing many of them so what’s a better way then getting through them then writing a few as an article each week! Enjoy.
596. Scientists announce they’ve discovered the secret to immortality, write a petition letter to save the event of death.
Immortality means our world will end – there will be destruction and worse things will happen – the world will become smaller, the world will become damaged, we will metaphorically die a millions times worse.
597. Go to a new restaurant you’ve been dying to try. Enjoy your meal. Go home and write a review as an undercover food critic.
It’s not everyday you get to try a place in a centre of a city with good, fresh food for a reasonable price, but that is exactly what this place is like and that it is why it is so busy at lunch times. The staff are friendly and they welcome you in and the food is really tasty and different.
598. Write down as any cliches as you can think of. Go back and star the ones you actually say
What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger
Everything happens for a reason *
When there’s a will there is a way
Only time will tell
Read between the lines
Fit as a fiddle
599. Go through a day of saying yes to every impulse and offer. If you are not physically restrained, write about the experience and where you end up.
I don’t need to do this as I do improv I naturally do this in everyday life.
600. Make up a Peanuts character. Write a scene in which your character interacts with other Peanuts characters.
Loopy was a girl dog and when she saw Snoopy she was very happy and so was he so they decided to dance – Woodstock saw them dancing and joins in, Charlie Brown has no idea what is going on but also joins in on the dancing.