Each week, we will be taking an in depth look at some of the best sitcoms and comedy shows from both the UK and the USA.
Today we will be looking at a comedy that was loosely based on the Executive Producers marriage to the actress Casey Wilson – Marry Me
About the Show
Summary of Plot
Annie and Jake finally get engaged after six years, but her larger-than-life personality and his laid-back approach to life will severely test the theory of “opposites attract”. They quickly realize getting engaged was the easy part..- IMDb
Number of Seasons / Episodes
Casey Wilson – Annie Fletcher
Ken Marino – Jake Schuffman
John Gemberling – Gil
Sarah Wright – Dennah
Tymberlee Hill – Kay
- Lead actress Casey Wilson is married to series creator David Caspe. Caspe loosely based the show on their relationship.
- Casey Wilson was pregnant with her first child during the filming of season one.
- Casey Wilson and Tim Meadows (who plays her father) are both former cast members of Saturday Night Live.
- Aired Tuesday nights at 9 pm (ET/PT)/8 pm (CT) as part the 2014–15 television season
- It has been implied that David Caspe’s previous sitcom Happy Endings, which aired on ABC from 2011 to 2013, exists in the same universe as Marry Me.