Welcome To Taste of States a place where we celebrate the weird and wonderful food of the United States of America. This can be everything from the snacks that are available for a limited time to the foods that are classic traditions at events such as Christmas and Thanksgiving! Each week we will explore the facts and the history surrounding a different food.
BREAD BOWL PASTA
Sometimes when you go to restaurant you do not just want your food to be edible, you also want the well, bowl to be edible too. Well in Dominos they made this a reality and you could order pasta in a bowl made of bread which is similar to pizza.
There were five different varieties that people could order for their pasta filling:
- Three Cheese Mac-N-Cheese A blend of two cheddars and mozzarella tossed with penne pasta and baked.
- Italian Sausage Marinara Penne pasta tossed with Italian sausage smothered in marinara sauce and topped with provolone cheese.
- Chicken Alfredo Cuts of all white meat chicken and penne pasta baked with creamy Alfredo sauce.
- Chicken Carbonara – Cuts of all white meat chicken, bacon, onions and mushrooms mixed with penne pasta and baked with creamy Alfredo sauce.
- Pasta Primavera Baby spinach, diced tomatoes, mushrooms and onions mixed with penne pasta and baked with creamy Alfredo sauce.
The Bread Bowl Pasta price started at $5.99 and if you wanted the pasta without the bread bowl then you would pay a dollar less. There were many different reviews in regards to these Bread Bowl Pastas – some saying they were really filling.