Each week, we will be taking an in depth look at some of the best sitcoms and comedy shows from both the UK and the USA.
Today we will be looking at a comedy that is one of very few where all car scenes are filmed in a actual car – Car Share
About the Show
Summary of Plot
When a supermarket issues a new car share scheme. Assistant manager John Redmond and promotions rep Kayleigh Kitson are forced to commute together every day. But will they get along?- IMDb
Number of Seasons / Episodes
Peter Kay – John
Sian Gibson – Kayleigh
- The Fiat 500L was chosen for the program because the dashboard was deep enough to mount the mini cameras used for filming.
- Unlike most television shows, the scenes in the car (virtually every scene in the series) are not shot in a studio. The camera was mounted on the dash board, and Peter Kaywould really drive round whilst the actors performed their lines.
- Sian Gibson, who plays Kayleigh, was born in 1976. The name Kayleigh was almost unheard-of before 1985 in the UK, when the prog-rock band Marillion popularized it with a number-two hit single.
- Peter Kay was not asked to take the role; he was asked to look over the script, and, being very pleased with it, eventually wound up in the main role.
- In episode one of series one John says Ted is pushing far too many trolleys the limit is 14 but contradicts himself in episode two by claiming he told Ted before his death that the limit of trolleys to be pushed was 20.
Not A Good Start
Jump On Yer Bike Remix