Each week, we will be taking an in depth look at some of the best sitcoms and comedy shows from both the UK and the USA.
Today we will be looking at a comedy that was so successful it also had an animation spin off created called The Brady Kids – The Brady Bunch
Opening Sequence / Theme Tune
About the Show
Summary of Plot
The misadventures of a large family united when a widower and a divorcée marry.. – IMDb
Number of Seasons / Episodes
Robert Reed – Mike Brady
Florence Henderson – CArol Brady
Ann B Davis – Alice Nelson
Maureen McCormick – Marcia Brady
Eve Plumb – Jan Brady
Susan Olsen – Cindy Brady
Barry Williams – Greg Brady
Christopher Knight – Peter Brady
Mike Lookinland – Bobby Brady
- Robert Reed was written out of the show’s final episode, “The Hair-Brained Scheme”, after an argument with Producer Sherwood Schwartz over what Reed considered a ridiculous storyline (with Greg’s hair turning orange from hair tonic), but he remained on-set for its filming. Studio security offered to remove Reed, but Schwartz declined to have this done in front of the kids.
- The sliding glass door in the back of the Brady house actually never had glass in it. It was simply put on the sliders with no glass so as to prevent glares from lighting while filming.
- Mike Lookinland’s (Bobby’s) hair was actually strawberry blond and had to be dyed dark brown to match the other male cast members. Bobby was seen with strawberry blond hair in the reunion projects.
- Ann B. Davis played her own twin cousin in “Sergeant Emma”. Ironically, Ann B. Davis did have a twin sister, but the producers did not use her for this episode.
- The girls originally had a cat named Fluffy. It was only seen in the pilot episode, “The Honeymoon”.
- The word “sex” was mentioned three times throughout the entire series. Once by Greg during season one, episode twenty-four, “The Grass Is Always Greener”, by Mike in season one, episode thirteen, “Is There a Doctor in the House?”, but not again until the final season by Cousin Oliver, during the final episode, “The Hair-Brained Scheme”.
Porkchops and Applesauce
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia,
Care For whip Cream