Each week, we will be taking an in depth look at some of the best sitcoms and comedy shows from both the UK and the USA.
Today we will be looking at a comedy that has started recently on the UK Channel Comedy Central but has been around since 2015 – Fresh Off The Boat
Opening Sequence / Theme Tune
About the Show
Summary of Plot
A Taiwanese family makes their way in America during the 1990s.-IMDb
Number of Seasons / Episodes
Randall Park – Louis Huang
Constance Wu – Jessican Huang
Hudson Yang – Eddie Huang
Forrest Wheeler – Emery Huang
Ian Chen – Even Huang
Lucille Soong – Grandma Huang
- Based on the life of Asian-American restaurateur, chef, food personality, and former lawyer Eddie Huang. He serves as the show’s narrator in the first season.
- Eddie Huang decreased his involvement with the show in season 2 due to his disagreements in creative direction of the show, in particular how the Louis character is portrayed nice, friendly and naive versus the dark, abusive and strict personality he had in the book.
- This is the first U.S. network television series centering on an Asian American family since Margaret Cho‘s All-American Girl (1994).
- Huang didn’t return as narrator in season 2. Instead of recasting the role, it was dropped from the series altogether.
- ABC executives formed a focus group during season 1 to watch an episode and give feedback. The group rated scenes featuring Louis and Jessica higher than scenes featuring Eddie, the main protagonist at the time and the feedback given was to have more scenes with Louis and Jessica. The show was retooled to give them more screen time starting in season 2.
- In several different episodes, the Huang family can be seen travelling from the Orlando International Airport. These exterior shots are actually Baltimore-Washington International Airport with superimposed letters.
Eddie Is Ready To Regulate