Each week, we will be taking an in depth look at some of the best sitcoms and comedy shows from both the UK and the USA.
Today we will be looking at a comedy that won two Golden Globes – Three’s Company
Opening Sequence / Theme Tune
About the Show
Summary of Plot
The misadventures of two women and one man living in one apartment and their neighbors.– IMDb
Number of Seasons / Episodes
John Ripper – Jack Tripper
Joyce Dewitt – Janet Wood
Richard Kline – Larry Dallas
Don Knotts – Ralph Furley
Suzanne Somers – Chrissy Snow
- During the earlier seasons’ opening credits, the brunette walking by the beach that causes Jack to fall off his bike is Suzanne Somers in a wig.
- In the show’s opening (beginning with the sixth season), a toddler walks up to Joyce DeWitt as she is feeding a goat. The toddler is Jason Ritter (son of John Ritter). This is revealed by DeWitt in a bonus feature of the Season 4 DVD.
- Priscilla Barnes said her years on this show were the unhappiest in her professional career. She almost quit as soon as she was cast because she did not like the backstage atmosphere.
- Billy Crystal auditioned for the role of Jack Tripper.
- John Ritter is the only cast member to appear in every episode.
- The spin-off series Three’s a Crowd (1984) was planned at the start of the final season. The producers tried to keep it a secret from the rest of the cast. But Joyce DeWitt accidentally walked in on the auditions for the part of Vicki. This caused tension on the set between John Ritter and the rest of the cast who were disappointed that the series would essentially continue without them.
- Jack Tripper served in the US Navy.
- Both Chrissy (Suzanne Somers) and Mr. Furley ( Don Knotts) have a trade mark snort
- Audra Lindley wore a red curly wig for her role as Helen Roper. She has naturally blonde straight hair.
Jack Trippers Hammock Troubles