Three years ago i bought a book in Tampa which is meant to be a great for creative like minds and for the past three years I have made it my New Years Resolution to complete it. The book is called 642 Things To Write About by The San Francisco Writers Grotto. I never got round to writing many of them so what’s a better way then getting through them then writing a few as an article each week! Enjoy!
215. Something you never told your mother
Something I am not telling you!
216. A missing body party
I don’t have tonsils or an appendix
217. A piece of clothing you keep just for the memory
A dress i wore as a baby
218. The oldest item in your possession?
My toy gorilla called Clarence same age as me!
219. Go outside and notice three distinct sounds. Remove the labels and describe exactly what they sound like. Then write a story incorporating the sounds.
* A faint hooting soft and mellow
* A swishing noise that gets louder when it’s near
* The faint Pitter patter sound like rain
I stepped up the dilapidated stairs – why had I agreed to come to this old house in the first place – it was all Josh’s fault he was so into horror films. I heard a local bird, more the likely an owl hooting in a distant tree in the local woods.
This place was horrible – wallpaper falling off the walls, the swishing of the cold wind getting in between the gaps. Still as long as we got this shot Josh didn’t care.
I moved further up the old stair case when I started to feel a pitter patter on my shoulder I looked up to it and see that the gap in the old ceiling was leaking and dropping water on my plastic raincoat.