Each week, we will be taking an in depth look at some of the best sitcoms and comedy shows from both the UK and the USA.
Today we will be looking at a comedy that could of had a tenth season however Jery Seinfeld turned down the offer made by NBC. Today we look at Seinfeld
Opening Sequence / Theme Tune
About the Show
Summary of Plot
The continuing misadventures of neurotic New York stand-up comedian Jerry Seinfeld and his equally neurotic New York friends.–IMDb
Number of Seasons / Episodes
Jerry Seinfeld – Jerry Seinfeld
Michael Richards – Kramer
Jason Alexander – George Costanza
Julia Louis-Dreyfus – Elaine Banes
- Larry David famously instituted a policy of “no hugging, no learning”, meaning that the show must avoid sentimentality and moral lessons, and the characters must never learn or grow from their wrongdoings.
- As Kramer became more popular, his entrance applause grew so prolonged, that the cast complained it was ruining the pacing of their scenes. Directors subsequently asked the audience not to applaud so much when Kramer entered.
- Jerry Seinfeld turned down an offer from NBC, that would have made him one hundred ten million dollars for a tenth season of the show.
- Before the show was set to air, Jerry Seinfeld asked Jason Alexander what he thought their chances for success were. Alexander said he thought they “didn’t have a chance”. When asked why, Alexander responded, “Because the audience for this show is me, and I don’t watch TV.”
- Jerry says “Hello, Newman” sixteen times in the entire series.
- Jerry Seinfeld is the only cast member to appear in all one hundred eighty episodes. Jason Alexander comes in a close second, missing only one episode, “The Pen”.
George and the IQ Test
Jerrys New Haircut